Magnetic field generator and analyzer: Generate magnetic fields fully automatically!
DO-160 Section 18 / 19
Automotive, IEC 61000-4-8 etc.
Any interference has the potential to prevent smooth operation. Only legally compliant testing ensures the interference immunity of systems. For over 30 years, Schlöder has stood for high-performance test and measurement technology from its own development and production. Contemporary high-tech that meets all requirements of manufacturer and industry certification - worldwide. In short, whatever your needs are: Schlöder advises you expertly, individually and promptly - and is your partner when it comes to magnetic field generators and analyzers!
What is the magnetic field generator / analyzer MGA 1033?
Measure and generate magnetic fields? The MGA 1033 is a compact test system for generating magnetic fields in the frequency range from DC to 250 kHz. The Schlöder magnetic field generator and analyzer has an integrated high power amplifier: This allows to easily achieve different high field strengths as required by military and automotive standards. Depending on the requirements your instrument has to meet, we will advise you with which additional device we can realize this.
What are the advantages of the Schlöder MGA 1033?
In combination with a triaxial Helmholtz coil such as the MGA HCST 50-28, you can generate field strengths of 1000 A/m in the frequency spectrum from DC to 1 kHz. Testing could hardly be simpler: The triaxial design makes it possible to generate the magnetic fields automatically in all three spatial axes without having to rotate the EUT for this purpose! EMC tests that comply with various standards such as automotive, MIL-STD as well as avionic are possible with this test device. If you combine the magnetic field generator with coupling transformers, you can perform the following tests with the MGA 1033:
- MGA ISS-19 - Tests according to DO-160, Section 19,
- MGA CT 50-DO-160 - tests according to DO-160 Section 18,
- MGA CT 50-CS101 / MGA CT 100-CS101 - tests according to MIL-Std-461.
How is the MGA 1033 magnetic field generator constructed?
The MGA 1033 consists of the following three independent modules, which can also be used individually as a stand-alone device:
- Signal generator, DC - 250 kHz
- Power amplifier 800 W output power, DC - 1 MHz bandwidth
- Spectrum analyzer 16 bit, 1 MS/s sampling rate
And even though we originally developed the MGA 1033 for the measurement and generation of magnetic fields, the innovative flexibility of the modules opens up many other possible applications for measurements and tests.
- 3 independent modules:
- Signal generator (DC - 250 kHz),
- Power amplifier (800 W output power, DC - 1 MHz bandwidth),
- Spectrum analyzer (16 bit, 1 MS/s sampling rate)
- Magnetic field measurements and tests from DC to 250 kHz
- Field strengths up to 1000 A/m up to 1000 Hz
- Tests with magnetic field requirements for ISO 11452-8, MIL-STD-461, IEC/EN 61000-4-8, SAE J1113-2, SAE J1113-22, Ford ES-XW7T-1A278-AC, PSA B217110, Renault 36-00-808, DC-11224, DC-10614, others. Since standards are constantly adapting or expanding, we are happy to check whether accessories are required in combination with the MGA 1033.
- Measurements and tests additionally part of the application software for MIL-STD-461 (CE101, CS101, CS109), EN 61000-4-16, IEC / EN 61543)
- Application software for Microsoft Windows, preset parameters / limit values, transfer of own routines possible
- Data transfer from external multimeter via serial port
- Accessories: coils, adapters, coupling devices according to IEC / EN 61000-4-8, ISO 11452-8, MIL-STD-461, etc.
- Compliant to all relevant EMC, automotive and military standards
- Fully automatic testing with optional triaxial Helmholtz coil
Like every Schlöder GmbH product, the MGA 1033 is complemented by a powerful portfolio of accessories. With our field coils and sensor coils you can easily generate and measure magnetic fields. Homogeneous magnetic fields and field strengths from 1000 A/m to 1 kHz can be generated with single or triple-axis Helmholtz coils such as HCS 50-28 and HCST 50-28. In the MGA 1033, they work with the optional MGA 1032 compensation board to compensate for coil inductance. As a result, the MGA 1033 meets numerous magnetic field requirements of the EMC and military standards MIL-STD 461. If you want to perform tests for conducted immunity on power lines according to MIL-STD-461, CS 101, our coupling transformer is used. Because this operates with a differential amplifier due to the high common-mode voltage on the line side, the coupled differential voltage can be measured without any problems.
MGA 1033 accessories:
- Helmholtz coils
- Helmholtz coil for direct current
- Sensor and field coils
- Hall sensor
- Field coil
- Test adapter
- Coupling transformer, DO-160 Sec. 19
- Coupling transformer, MIL-STD-461, CS101
Combined with a Triax-Helmholtz coil, you can test EUTs in three axes with this magnetic field generator. Particularly practical: You do not have to rotate the EUT for this. With the MGA 1033, magnetic field strengths up to 1000 A/m at frequencies from DC to 1 kHz are no problem; smaller field strengths can be realized up to 250 kHz.
You can calibrate the Helmholtz coil by combining it with a sensor coil (RLS 133 or LS 133). Alternatively, you can also use your own, customer-specific coils. A calibration mode in the MGA 1033 software opens the possibility to connect further test equipment.
Due to the highly stable voltage source of the Schlöder MGA 1033, self-calibration is also possible. Here, the correction values are stored in an internal EEPROM. This self-calibration is fast and uncomplicated: All relevant device units are included in the process - an automatic process that is completed in about one minute.
Two flat, circular coils sit spaced apart on an axis - with current flowing through them in the same direction. In the center between the coils, a zone of homogeneous magnetic field is created. At the same time, the special arrangement of the Helmholtz coil allows a homogeneous magnetic field to be built up.