IEC 60601-1-2 Ed. 4.1
IEC 60601-1-2 is the international standard for testing medical equipment for electromagnetic compatibility (EMC). The latest update adds a new test due to more potential sources of interference in homes, offices (places where medical equipment may be used), and hospitals. Three common frequencies are: 30 kHz, 134.2 kHz and 13.56 MHz. For this test, reference is made to the IEC 61000-4-39 standard for testing of fields in close proximity. The IEC 60601-1-2 test setup can be used to generate these test fields.
You can see a detailed video on how the test equipment works in conjunction with the CDG 7000-75-10.
The test equipment includes the CDG 7000-75-10 – 10 kHz - 250 MHz, 75 watt generator with amplifier (additional preamplifier depending on requirements), RF generator and 3x RF meter (monitored level, forward and reverse power) and the HELIA 7-MGA software. The system includes all cabling and HELIA 7 software necessary to meet the requirements of the standard.
Depending on the frequency range, different complete sets are available (see datasheet):
Required complete set for frequency range 9 kHz - 150 kHz:
- MGA RL 120 – Radiating loop 120 mm as specified in IEC 61000-4-39 for 9 kHz-150 kHz, IEC / EN 60601-1-2 and MIL-STD-461 / RS101, 3 m cable
- MGA RL 120 NW – Matching network for MGA RL 120, matches loop to 50 Ohms of the CDG 7000 amplifier acc. to IEC 61000-4-39 and IEC / EN 60601-1-2 for Immunity to magnetic fields 9 kHz - 150 kHz
- MGA RL 120 Stand – Stand for MGA RL 120 for tests
- MGA LS 040 – Loop sensor 40 mm that attaches to MGA RL 120 at the correct distance of 50 mm
Required complete set for frequency range 150 kHz - 26 MHz:
- MGA RL 100-3– Radiating loop as specified in IEC 61000-4-39 and IEC / EN 60601-1-2 for 150 kHz – 26 MHz
- MGA LS 040-1– Loop sensor 40 mm that attaches to MGA RL 100-3 at the correct distance of 50 mm as specified in IEC 61000-4-39 and IEC / EN 60601-1-2
- MGA RL 100-3 stand – for tests in stronger magnetic field
In addition, one of the two adaptation networks/Pre Amplifier is required:
- MGA RL 100-3 NW-60601 – Matching network 60601 for MGA RL 100-3, matches MGA RL 100-3 to the IEC 60601-1-2 requirements
- MGA RL 100-3 NW-61000 – Matching network 61000 for MGA RL 100-3, matches MGA RL 100-3 to the IEC 61000-4-39 requirements
- PreAmp 150kHz-26MHz -4-39 - Pre Amplifier for tests accorting to IEC 61000-4-39